Thursday, November 08, 2012

My Weigh DuraScale D2 300 Digital Pocket Scale

FYI: Warning! This is a commercial message containing a recommendation for a product I own and use regularly. My policy on posting commercial messages is to only post recommendations when warranted of products and services that I use and expect to use again. -H.G. Lindquist
My Weigh DuraScale D2 300 Digital Pocket Scale, purchased from Old Will Knott Scales website.

Here is the review I posted with a 5-star rating on the website:

This is proving to be one of the most useful items I have purchased. Its ease of use and automatic adjustment for the tare weight is seamless. I use it in my Chemex coffee brewing process for my own personal use to accurately weight the fresh-ground coffee (Green Mountain from Vermont)for absolute consistency. I brew 10 6 oz. cups at a time in my glass Chemex and store it in a glass thermos. Coffee should never touch plastic or metal, certainly NEVER, EVER aluminum. It's hard to avoid plastic entirely -- almost impossible -- but contact can be kept at a minimum. Hey, I am Scandinavian -- Swedish-American -- and I was raised on coffee in Northern Minnesota. Well, milk with a dash of coffee perked on the top of a wood burning stove. By the way, I'm going to make a video of the way I brew coffee. I'm sure many other folks use the same techniques, but they might not know about the usefulness of the Weigh DuraScale D2 300 Digital Pocket Scale. Plus I make coffee to serve at the meetings of the groups in which I participate, such as my local Seniors Club. It raises my approval rating. ;-) And if the scale lasts as long as it looks like it will, this is one helluva piece of equipment for its price!

No comments: